Past Environmental Projects :
I take the lead in carrying out environmental Eco-projects. I look for opportunities. Most of the time write working papers. I also chair meetings and have discussions with the teachers and staffs. Finally, we carry out the projects accordingly. Below is a list of Eco-projects that I have initiated:
1. SERASI (Sekolah Rakan Alam Sekitar) Projects (2010 - 2018)
1.2 Making Bio Enzyme.
1.3 Planting plants, flowers, fruit trees, vegetables.
1.5 Bio-Diversity activities such rearing Seramah chicken, flesh water fish in aquariums and small ponds, tortoise.
2. Waste Management Projects sponsored by IKEA. (2015 - 2016) focusing on 5R activities:
2.1 Self Management of Wastes in the school including the students and the teachers.
2.2 Making use of plastic bottles for different purposes such as decorative items, hydroponic plantings.
2.3 Composting and making Bio-Enzyme
2.4 Putting up a recycle centre in the school compound.
3. Eco-system fresh water fish projects in aquariums and small ponds made from used tyres by PACOS. (2013 - 2018)
4. Grape Garden sponsored by Jabatan Perlindungan Alam Sekitar,
Sabah.(2017 - 2018)
5. The Orchid Pagolar sponsored by School Board Management. (2017)
6. Rain water collection tanks sponsor by the School Board Management for watering plants, rearing fish and for general washing purposes. (2012 -2018)
7. Community Project at the Darau village ( 2015) and at the Kinik Kesihatan Inanam (2017 - 2018) joint venture with Jabatan Kesihatan Negeri Sabah
(Unit Promosi) and Dewan Bandaraya Kota Kinabalu (DBKK).
7.1 Mega cleaning up of both the compounds
7.2. Throwing Mud balls into the Darau River
7.3 Beautify the different areas of the clinic with plants and decorative items made from plastic bottles.
8. Organize Eco-Camps for the 4th time (2014 -2017) involving 7 - 10 other schools each time:
8.1 Making Bio-Enzyme 8.2 Making flower pots with plastic bottles for hydroponic planting
8.4 Slides presentation on environment issues and how to overcome them, climate change including flash flood, save energy
8.5 Competitions on making things with used materials
8.7 Demonstration on making candles
8.8 Drawing and painting.
Recognition (awards / grants / accreditation received) :
1. SERASI Harapan: Kategori Pengurusan Kesedaran Alam Sekitar Terbaik:by
Jabatan Alam Sekitar Sabah: State Level (2012): Trophy and money RM2,500.00
2. Grant from PACOS for Eco-System Fresh Water Fish (2013): RM 3,000.00
3. Bronze Award by Eco-School Malaysia (2013):National Level.
4. Silver Award by Eco-School
Malaysia (2014, 2015): National Level
5. Seed Grant from IKEA for Waste
Management Program (2015 - 2016): RM 3,000.00
6. Grant from Jabatan Perlindungan Alam Sekitar, Sabah for Aquaponik planting (2016): RM1,000.00 7. WIRA SERASI 3rd Place by Jabatan Alam Sekitar, Sabah (2016): State Level: Trophy
and RM 3,000.00
8. Guru Besar SERASI by Jabatan Alam Sekitar Sabah (2016): State Level:Certificate and RM1,000.00 9. Green Flag Award by Eco-School Malaysia (2016): International Level
10. Anugerah Cemerlang Pengurusan 3K by Pejabat Pendidikan Daerah Kota Kinabalu (2016): District level: Cerificate 11. Grant for initiating a Grape Garden by Jabatan Perlindungan Alam Sekitar (2016): RM 3,00.00
12. 5 Star School Washroom Award 2nd Place by Dewan Bandaray Kota Kinabalu (2017): District Level: Certificates and RM 1,500.00
13 Litter Free School by Dewan Bandaraya Kota Kinabalu for the 5th Time (2010 - 2017):District Level: Certificates
14. Appointed as Mentor SERASI by SK Inanam Laut (2018)
Future initiative :
If I were given the opportunity with sufficient resources, I would like to turn the whole school into a ECO TOURISM SCHOOL. The school will prepare demonstrations on making candles, Bio-enzymes, soap, EM solution, hydroponic planting, rearing tortoise, Eco-games and quizzes, Herbal Gallery, grape planting, mushroom cultivation and doing handcrafts, talks on environment, introducing local herbal products etc. We invite other school students to visit the school and they learn to love the environment by involving themselves in the different types of activities mentioned above . The activities will be carried out from station to station. Since the school compound is small in area, special rooms and space such the library, canteen and the meeting room will be used to carry out some of the activities. Only one afternoon in a week is fixed for visiting by the outsiders. Different teachers and students will be assigned and trained to handle the different activities. The duration of visitation is only 1 hour minimum and 2 hours maximum. Different packages are offered according to the choice of activities. Charges will be imposed depending on the types of activities chosen in the packages. Why charges? Charges are for buying and replacing tools and materials for the activities and also for free gifts as well as souvenirs. Charges will be reasonable and affordable. The main objective to be an Eco Tourism School is to spread the seeds of love for the environment while teaching the young generation the ways to take care of the environment wherever they may be.