Eco-Schools Starter Kit
<img of all there starter kit cover page>
What is the Seven Steps Guidebook?
The Eco-Schools Seven Steps methodology is a series of carefully engineered measures to help schools maximise the success of their Eco-School ambitions. The method involves a wide diversity of individuals from the school community - with students playing a primary role in the process.
The most important aspect for schools to remember is that every school is different and it is therefore critical that a school fits the seven steps around its circumstances and situation and NOT try to fit the school into the seven steps. Some key points about the individual steps are below.
What is Eco-Schools Start Kit?
The Starter Kit is designed to compliment the Eco-Schools 7 Step Guidebook. It consists of simple suggested activities for each of the eco-theme and also aim to inspire both teachers and students' creativity into effectively tackling eco-related problems at their schools.
We hope that with this kit, students will be able to draw on their creativity to come up with even better activities to engage their school and community’s interest in protecting the environment, and hopefully, bring them one step closer to the Green Flag Award.
Who is it for?
Teachers and students!
Why is it important?
The Starter Kit provides both teachers and students with ideas on how to draft out plans, organise and carry out Action Plans and events related to the eco-theme.
How to use it?
<highlight key features> <use image with arrows to highlight features>
Design your own Water theme Start Kit!
1. Each group will be given a topic related to water conservation.
2. Design your plan according to the template given. REMEMBER! Your plans need to be practical, doable and cost efficient!
3. Each team has 15 minutes to discuss and draw up your plan. Make it concise as you have 3 minutes to present your Starter Kit.
4. After presentation, each team needs to defend your Starter Kit in a Q&A session by the other teams.
Intro (ie. what is it, why need it, objective of the session, show case features of the starter kit [ie. definition of the level of difficulties, definition of each of the "How can we do it" component].
- instruction for activity (ie. your plans need to be practical, doable & cost efficient)
- example on webpage (highlight the features)
What do you think of the workshop?
Please complete the survey. Let us know what you think & how to improve the workshop in the future.
<QR code for the simple survey>